Click on the link for more information about Lake Tahoe Biking.
Click here for information about Lake Tahoe Boating.
- Bijou Disc Golf
Varied fairways with 100′ pines, 3 seasonal pond hazards, open mountain meadows and slight elevation changes.
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort
Open late June-Oct. Along the Sierra Crest – base elevation 7,800′. Hike through old growth, over creeks and open meadows while challenging your disc skills. Contact us for info on our disc tournament series.
- Zephyr Cove
In the high Sierra on Lake Tahoe’s east shore. Major elevation. Hiking boots and long pants recommended (6 fairways with manzanitas).
- Truckee Regional Park
On the southern bank of the Truckee. 2-4 pin placements per hole. Great views of surrounding Sierras. Park offers fishing, hiking, mtn. biking, rodeo grounds and amphitheater.
- Tahoe Vista Regional DGC
Mix of tight and open holes through manzanita and mountainside pines. 3$/car. Smoking ban in effect.
- Coyote Moon (530) 587-0886
Located on Northwoods Blvd. right before Tahoe Donner. 18 holes. Carts, shop, restaurant, snack bar & bar.
- Gray’s Crossing (530)550-9400
Designed by Peter Jacobsen & Jim Hardy. Private 18-hole championship course.
- Martis Camp (530) 550-6013
New private golf course with stunning views!
- Old Brockway (530) 546-9909
Located in Kings Beach. 9 holes. Pro shop, driving range, restaurant & bar.
- Old Greenwood (530)550-9400
Designed by Jack Nicklaus on 600 acres in Truckee. Golf Magazine voted as one of the 10 best public golf courses in the country.
- Ponderosa (530) 5887-3501
Highway 267 one mile south of Truckee. 9 Holes. Pro shop, driving range and snack bar.
- Northstar At Tahoe (530) 562-1010
Highway 267 between Kings Beach and Truckee. 18 Holes. Carts mandatory before 12:30. Pro shop, driving range, restaurant, snack bar, and bar.
- Resort At Squaw Creek (530) 581-6627
Located in Squaw Valley.18 Holes. Carts, pro shop, driving range, four restaurants and bar.
- Tahoe City (530) 583-1516
Located on Highway 89. 9 Holes. Carts, driving range, restaurant & bar.
- Tahoe Donner (530) 587-9440
Located on Northwoods Blvd. in Tahoe Donner. 18 Holes. Carts, driving range. Food & drink: restaurant, snack bar, and bar.
- Timilick (530) 587-9909
Located in Martis Valley near Downtown Truckee. 6,000 feet with views of Northstar and the Carson Range. Two Clubhouses with full bar and restaurants.
Click on the link for more information about Lake Tahoe Hiking.
- Camp Richardson’s Corral (530) 541-3113
Located near Emerald Bay (Fallen Leaf Road) in South Lake Tahoe. All rides are guided and at a walk. – Reservations are required. Open: Summer for Horseback Riding; Winter Fun – Snowy Sleigh Rides – December through March
- Cascade Stables (530) 541-2055
Located in South Lake Tahoe at 2199 Cascade Road. Open June – September. Please call for rates & times.
- Verdi Trails West, Inc. (775) 345-7600
Located in Verdi (about 25 minutes from Truckee) on 175 Trelease Lane. Open year round.
- Zephyr Cove Stables (775) 588-5664
Located off Highway 50, 4 miles north of casinos at Zephyr Cove Resort. Open mid April through mid November.
- More Equestrian Centers: Alpine Meadows Stables, Tahoe Donner, Squaw Valley, Russell Valley
HANG GLIDING/GLIDER RIDES:
- Hang Gliding Tahoe (775) 772-8232
Flights start at the Carson City Airport. Incredible views of South Lake Tahoe. Flights are in operation year round.
- High Country Soaring (775) 782-4944
- Soar Minden (800) 345-7627
- Soar Truckee (530) 587-6702
Located off Highway 267 between Truckee & Lake Tahoe. Soar Truckee offers 3 different flights – Sierra Vista, Tahoe Vista & Martis View.
HOT AIR BALLOON RIDES:
- Lake Tahoe Balloons (800) 872-9294
Located at the Tahoe Keys near South Lake Tahoe. Offers Hot Air Balloon Flights over Lake Tahoe and the Carson Valley.
- Tahoe Whitewater Tours (530) 581-2441
- Truckee River Raft Co. (530) 583-0123
- Truckee River Rafting (530) 583-5606
- Rock Climb In Stone (530) 559-7136
Rock climbing instruction & gear rentals located in Truckee.
- Rock Climb Skills International (530) 582-9170
Rock climbing lessons & and courses near Donner Summit.
- High Altitude Fitness Lake Tahoe (775) 831-4212
This is the largest climbing gym in the area and is located in Incline Village.
- Truckee Sports Exchange (530) 582-4510
The Truckee Sports Exchange is located on West River St. near downtown Truckee. They sell climbing gear and have a large bouldering gym in the back of the store.
- More Lake Tahoe/Truckee Rock Climbing